It’s here already, the final day of , and quite frankly I’m amazed that I’ve managed to keep up with the whole week. It’s been really fun and I’m sure I’m not the only one who wants to say a massive thank you to for organising the whole thing.
Today we’re looking forward to the year ahead, and any crafting goals and aspirations we’d like to achieve before the next blog week. Being a new (and ridiculously overenthusiastic) knitter, I have a list of goals as long as my arm so this one is easy.
The entire list should be achievable in a year, so I’m excited to look back on this next year and see how far I’ve come. Here are the highlights of my list:
- Design some stuff – particularly my
- Learn to crochet – my first set of hooks was officially shipped this morning so fingers crossed they get here soon!
- Learn to use DPNs – my first DPN set just arrived yesterday so I’ll get right on that!
- Knit my first socks – see above
- Try my hand at colourwork – hopefully gain enough confidence to knit some atrociously tacky Christmas jumpers for a couple of select friends (and myself)
- Knit something for boyfriend – that he actually likes and doesn’t just politely accept
In other exciting news, today the Sorting for Spring term took place in the . I made Ravenclaw, yay for being a first year! Now I need to make a spreadsheet of planned summer projects and start thinking BlueHost优惠码 about what classes they might fit into, redo my cartoon Ravatar with Ravenclaw-appropriate robes, and I should probably add “make my house proud to have me in their ranks” to the above list.
I’m way more into this than a 28 year old woman should be!